Saturday, March 13, 2010

Great Singers Voted Off American Idol 9

I think America made a pretty big mistake as American Idol eliminated two of the most powerful contenders of the season. And what’s worse is that one of them is my favorite.

Earlier tonight, the final 12 lineup was finalized when Katelyn Epperly, Lilly Scott, Todrick Hall and Alex Lambert were voted off. I wasn’t really that surprised when Epperly and Hall got the boot after their weak performances during performance night. Epperly sang the Karaoke staple “ I Feel The Earth Move” by Carole King while Hall sang gospel version of Queen's "Somebody to Love" that drew praise from the judges but not from the public. I don’t really like Lilly Scott that much with her platinum blond hair and all, but I’ve got to admit, she’s got some singing chops! She sang Patsy Kline’s “I Fall To Pieces” and was great as usual, sadly the voting public didn’t agree. It was pretty obvious in her reaction that she did not see this coming.

The thing that got to me was when James Morrison voice-a-like Alex Lambert was booted off after he sang Ray LaMontagne's "Trouble". He had so much potential, and his voice was really good! It is also sad that he was given the boot just as he was getting over his stage fright and was beginning to show the true performer in him. "There's a lot of things America hasn't seen me do yet," he said. "And a lot of things I know I'm capable of. ... I wish I could have just broken out of my shell."
I feel Aaron Kelly and Paige Miles should've been the ones sent packing.

Truly a very sad day for American Idol.. at least in my book.

At least I still have Crystal Bowersox and Lee Dewyze to root for.



1 comment:

Heart of Rachel said...

I also like Crystal and Lee. I'm rooting for them too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails