Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Scrapping Mojo Is Back With a Vengeance


Last Saturday, they arrived! the package i've been waiting for since i placed my order last wednesday:


Yes, i did. i splurged a bit. i reasoned these books are advance birthday gifts to myself. and they will surely last for a very very looong time. these books have anything and everything there is to discuss about the art of scrapbooking!
I have already finished reading Clean and Simple The Sequel by Cathy Zielski. It was such a good read! definitely both inspiring and educational. it was well worth every penny! it is the kind of book that i will refer to again and again. Although i must say that her designs may be too clean and simple for me... hehehe. i like my pics crooked and embellished. =) it helped a lot just the same, especially as to theaspect of organization and creating a system for my scrapbooking hobby.
I am now reading The Big Picture by Stacy Julian. Now her designs are more like mine... organized and clean chaos if you will. i'm not yet done reading but already i am learning so much. i especially admire her handwriting. it is so pretty and she can vary it depending on her mood. and to think i have to purchase the fonts that i use... if i had the confidence to use my own handwriting someday that would be simply awesome!
I realized the importance of scrapbooking. It's not just about the pictures or the embellishments or the alphas... it's about the story behind the picture that needs to be told...
i feel obligated to preserve our memories. if i don't do it, who will? =)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails