Saturday, February 27, 2010

Photohunt :: Daily


One day as I was browsing thru our local used books store, I chanced upon the book Writing Down The Bones by Natalie Goldberg. I was overjoyed! I often see this highly recommended book on online stores... and i got it for only P120. Talk about a bargain! Anyway, the author of the book preaches only one thing... if you desire to be a good writer... write DAILY!

No need for long prose or mind boggling essays... just write about any random thought in your head... no need to edit or proofread. in fact she says it is better not to go back and re-read what you've written until you've finished. The goal is to make writing such a natural experience for a person that it has become second nature. Time will come when you will be able to write no matter where you are, who you're with and what the condition of your working environment is. Through the practice of daily writing, you'll be able to free the writer from within.

That's exactly what I intend to do... I will write DAILY. I've got enough notebooks for this purpose... I just chose these two flowery notebooks to be included in the photos because I love the burst of colors.

That's the plan and challenge... WRITE DAILY!

5 comments:

Sarah Lynn said...

That is a good deal. The notebooks are really pretty too. :)

Sandy said...

I totally agree...great shot.
Mine's up, too.
http://sandyben.blogspot.com/

Mrs. Mecomber said...

I wish you well with your daily venture! Pretty notebooks do help. :)

I played, too. Happy weekend!

Scott Law said...

Absolutely. I'm not a good writer and I'd be a better photographer if I photographed daily. Great take on the theme!
Thanks for dropping by and commenting. See you again soon?

magiceye said...

practice makes perfect!

best wishes!

and those pretty books are a good lure too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails