Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Getting into the Right Business

A few months ago, my sister gave me a copy of The Science of Getting Rich by Wallace Wattles. Basically, it is a book about the law of attraction. It tells of how a person can form anything through his thoughts…including riches. It is a really inspiring book, makes you believe that you can be abundant and rich, just by simply changing your attitude. I breezed through the whole book, but was stumped when I got to Chapter 13 Getting into the Right Business. It generally proposes that a person has better chances of getting rich when he is into the right business. According to the book, a person will do best in the business “which will use your strongest faculties – the one for which you are naturally best fitted”. I just couldn’t relate.

I always knew I wasn’t in the right business. I knew when I was in college, I knew after I graduated, and I, of course knew, when I was already working. I just felt I had no choice. A wake up call for me was when I read a statement in the book that states: You will get rich most easily in terms of effort, if you do that for which you are best fitted, but you will get rich most satisfactorily if you do that which you WANT to do. Ouch!

Doing what you want to do is life, and there is no real satisfaction in living if we are compelled to be forever doing something which we do not like to do, and can never do what we want to do. Double Ouch!

I knew I wanted to do something else. “Desire is the manifestation of power”.

I always knew I wanted to write. I may not be the best at it, but I am certainly better at it than in crunching numbers. I always knew I wanted a change. I always desired something else for me.

Thankfully an opportunity presented itself to me. Now I get to write articles about anything and everything I want to, without thinking about keywords and blogging niche. Now I get to do what I love (write), and earn from it. I feel happy. I feel fulfilled whenever I see that my article has been published.  I feel inspired again.

So now I am still stuck with the same old job, but I have hope, that things will change, that someday, when my skills are honed and I’m better at my craft, I will get rich most satisfactorily, doing what I WANT to do. (yoohoo, universe, are you listening?!?)

 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails