Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Risen Christ and Me

This afternoon, instead of my usual routine of eating my snack at the canteen, I decided to go to the chapel here in the office. I can’t explain it, but for some odd reason, I felt the need to go up there.

The chapel was thankfully empty. I had in my hand my St. Padre Pio medal and novena. For the first time in a very long while, I really prayed. I had no particular reason for being there. I had no really pressing concern aside from the usual stuff. And yet I found myself kneeling on the front pew and praying my heart out. I prayed my novena prayer, then I talked/prayed to Mama Mary and then to Jesus Christ, and I immediately felt lighter. I looked into the Risen Christ’s image, with His open arms, His forgiving face, and I felt comforted.

God has His ways, and this is probably His way of calling me, quieting me down and wanting to be alone with me…Usually I go about with this heavy feeling in my heart, and yet in those few minutes that I looked into the Risen Christ’s eyes, I felt …clean…and happy… and wanted…

Thank you Lord for this feeling. Thank you Lord for taking the time to call me from my busy schedule to talk to me.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails