Thursday, March 19, 2009

our love story

Here I am, longingly gazing at you, at what you have to offer… I ‘m amazed…and impressed. Yep, there’s that familiar feeling at the pit of my stomach. I was expecting that. You stir up hunger in me that’s hard to describe, and difficult to suppress. A hunger that can only be satiated by you.

I can still remember the first time we met. Flashback to when I was still a little girl. I was with an aunt and you were introduced to me. I was shy at first. My aunt prodded me on.  I was timid in your presence. You smelled so good. After a while I started enjoying myself in your company. I cherished the time I spent with you. That memory is forever etched in my mind.

Fast forward to my college years. We met each other again. This time I was with friends. I was a naïve young lady. You were more experienced, more established. I felt intimidated. You have already captured the hearts of many, I can tell. Back then, young college girls of katipunan trooped to see you, some college guys too. That was how strong your appeal was.  You were a strong presence all throughout my college years. You were a staple part of our barkada. Graduation day came, we had to part…and then life happened.

Fast forward to present times, now I’m a wife and a mother. You’re still there. More well-known and recognized than ever. You still smell amazingly good. I still get to see you, sometimes with my family, often by my lonesome. Like today, here I am, gazing up at you…and at what you have to offer. You’ve definitely changed. You’re different, in a good way. You’ve adapted to my taste. You adjusted, not just for me, but for the Filipino People. you used to be so bland, now a single bite from your burger gives a welcome burst of flavor that sends my taste buds to nirvana.

I can still remember our song: two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun…

Hay Mcdo. who would ever thought that time will come when I will choose you over your competitor (which I thought would be my all time favorite)... hehehe =)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails