Monday, April 23, 2012

Maybelline Lip Smooth Color Bloom


This is a late post, but let me share with you my affordable and effective beauty find just the same. A few months ago, I was supposed to meet some friends for breakfast, sadly though I forgot my kikay (make-up) kit. I had to rush over to Mercury Drug in Greenbelt, Makati for some emergency kikay supplies like face powder (dual foundation please, for maximum coverage), eyebrow pencil, blush and lipstick. I would have preferred to go to Watson’s but the mall wasn’t open yet. Fortunately,  I got everything I needed except for the lipstick. I couldn’t meet my friend pale-lipped, I had to make do with the next available choice, a lip balm.  I found the Maybelline Lip Smooth Color Bloom hanging by the cosmetics rack. I was a little apprehensive at first, but I figured that Maybelline made it, so it must be ok. Besides, it was really affordable at P99 only!


It’s a color changing lip balm that appears white while in the tube, then upon application to the lips, changes color. Maybelline offers two shades: Pink Blossom and Peach Blossom. I chose the pink shade since I was feeling girly that time.  When I applied it on my lips, it didn’t taste and smell funny, the way some lip balms do, plus it wasn’t oily or clumpy at all. After a while, my lips felt smooth and moisturized. I loved it! I was an instant convert! My only comment was that the shade was a bit too pink for me, but other than that, it was perfect!

Since then, I already finished off a tube, so I decided to get another one, this time in peach. It still lavished my lips with moisture, however it didn’t add much color to my lips. Unlike in the pink shade, I looked pale.  Note to self: finish this tube soon and buy the pink blossom again!

I highly recommend the Maybelline Lip Smooth Color Bloom, not only to busy working moms like me, but also to kikay teens and tweens who are not yet allowed to wear makeup. The price is budget-friendly and it does a wonderful job. Go ahead and try it!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails